HodgePodge Crochet is the home of your average everyday yarn-a-holic.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 86 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» Lets get this party started
by tempraven Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:04 am

» Photoshop Painting on a Pencil Sketch!
by SRLogan Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:17 am

» Favorite sites
by Lovin2Crochet Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:55 pm

» Organise Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!
by Bonnie Swadling Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:24 pm

» Polymer clay hook
by JessStuckey Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:49 pm

» What's on the hook today??
by Jessica Rathbone Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:46 am

» Camera Buddies
by Jessica Rathbone Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:45 am

» THE WALKING DEAD!
by Rebecca Glover Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:20 am

» Oil Pastels
by Rebecca Glover Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:18 am

Creating The Occasion

Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:18 am by Jessica Rathbone

Jessica here! I run Creating The Occasion and make all sorts of newborn and baby items. I do everything from crochet to knit to applique onesies. I also dabble in custom party supplies. I love any and all crafts! You can come visit me at Creating The Occasion

My shop is Crow Shea

Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:05 pm by Dawn Crow Shea

Hey everyone!

My shop is Crow Shea!

It started out by me learning to crochet so I could make my kids hats for the winter. THEN people noticed them and asked me to make them for their kids, and then strangers asked where my hats came from and I got a few orders that way! So I started my facebook page!

My Facebook Shop is http://www.facebook.com/crowshea
And My webpage (which just links to my …

I Work From Home!!!!

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:23 pm by Michelle Warwick

So, that's kind of why I chose that name.

My business is From Home, and I am pretty new to the game. I have fallen in love with the hobby, and it helps me contribute to our household, which is a bonus!

I have links to my Pinterest, Facebook page, Etsy shop, and Twitter in my profile, so CHECK ME OUT!!!! Just don't become a weirdo stalker... that's kind of creepy. Wink

I'm On The Hook Crafts

Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:20 pm by Rebecca Glover

My little business started as a hobby and has evolved into a little side business that contributes a bit to the household!  Come visit!

At Facebook On The Hook Crafts  or Etsy On The Hook Boutique

Kountry Girl Kreations

Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:26 am by JessStuckey

Hi everyone I'm Jess from Kountry Girl Kreations  I crochet of course and I make clay hook handles.  I have posted some under polymer clay section of the forum so you all can see.  Thanks for everything and look forward to meeting you guys

Just getting this party started!

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:30 pm by Rachel Dumps

I own MoonShadow Threads which isn't really around anymore... Well it is, but I am taking an extended break from it due to personal issues. BUT I plan on getting it back up and running soon. I did some crochet but I am mostly known for my Clay covered crochet hooks. You've probably seen them on Youtube's Bobwilson123 & Yolanda's crochet channels. One of my goals this winter is to become …

How To Post a NEW TOPIC

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:02 pm by Tanya Naser

First!!

Click the forum you want to post into. In this case it will be Shop Shout Out.

Next!!

Click: NEW TOPIC

Then!!
Add a title and fill out the post area with all your links and goodies!!

Finally!!

Click SEND and you're

Keywords

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 809 messages in 181 subjects

We have 151 registered users

The newest registered user is channuai

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Navigation

Weight-loss kick start! & Goals!

Rachel Dumps

Yarnie Points : 47

Weight-loss kick start! & Goals!

Post by Rachel Dumps on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:18 pm

I totally kick started my weight loss again!! I started at 188.6 and I'm down to 176.2 today!! woo hoo! My goal is 130-125ish depending on how I look Smile

Who else has a goal they would like to reach??

Bonnie Swadling

Yarnie Points : 54

Re: Weight-loss kick start! & Goals!

Post by Bonnie Swadling on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:18 pm

I do! I'm currently somewhere around 105kg, I want to get back to around 65-70. Though I'm aiming to go more by size than weight. I'm a size 22, and want to get back to size 14-16 (Australian). Need to lose weight to start IVF and give us a chance at a family :-)

Admin
    Admin

Yarnie Points : 333

Post by Tanya Naser on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:05 pm

MEEEEEEE!!!! I'm starting a A LOT and want to lose at least 10 pounds in a month I think I can do it and have all the books and willingness to get going! pale 
    Rachel Dumps

Yarnie Points : 47

Post by Rachel Dumps on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:11 am

awesome!! I am so over dieting.. so this is the LAST time I am going to let myself gain weight... unless I get pregnant... then yea.. well you know.

KeriMichel
    Beginner
    Beginner

Yarnie Points : 1

Post by KeriMichel on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:16 pm

Oh I do Very Happy 
    I'm at about 160lbs and want to lose about 25/30ish. Like Rachel said... just depends on how I look at whatever weight I get to. I've tried the Sonoma Diet and it was okay but what I found worked for me is the 17 Day Diet plan. My sister-in-law got me on it. So I want to start that again and get walking our new puppy more. My only big big issue is carbs..... oh my do I love my bread lol

Anywho I wish all you lovely ladies the best!!!

Hanna Triplett
    Beginner
    Beginner

Yarnie Points : 1

Post by Hanna Triplett on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:41 pm

I gained 6 lbs of the 48 I just lost and want to get back to a diet and lose it!!! I'm looking for a different diet...I did protein shakes to lose what I did before but I'm tired of them....any suggestions?
    Tanya Naser
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Tanya Naser on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Hanna Triplett wrote:I gained 6 lbs of the 48 I just lost and want to get back to a diet and lose it!!! I'm looking for a different diet...I did protein shakes to lose what I did before but I'm tired of them....any suggestions?
    I'm low carbing because shakes don't work for me--I NEED FOOD!! lol. But there are so many plans out there that you could really choose any of them and they might be just the ticket!

I say--fruits, veggies, a little meat, and NO processed stuff and you should shed those pounds!
    Amanda Lawson
    Beginner
    Beginner

Yarnie Points : 12

Post by Amanda Lawson on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:47 pm

I just started a few days ago. I'm down 5lbs, most of which I am going to assume is water weight! Wink I want to drop a good 30-40lbs, hoping to be there in about 6-7 months!
    Rebecca Glover

Yarnie Points : 108

Post by Rebecca Glover on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Me! We just started doing the Paleo plan.... it's awesome! Clean food, fresh fruits and veggies, no grains or crop foods, no dairy, no gluten. We feel awesome! My husband has done way better than me, he's lost 30 pounds in 2 months! He started with gout and high triglycerides, and both are gone... I highly recommend fish oil no matter what diet you choose to do! I am hoping this time to be able to lose the weight from all three of my babies! Smile

Bonnie Swadling

Post by Bonnie Swadling on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:12 am

Rebecca Glover wrote:Me!  We just started doing the Paleo plan.... it's awesome!  Clean food, fresh fruits and veggies, no grains or crop foods, no dairy, no gluten.  We feel awesome!  My husband has done way better than me, he's lost 30 pounds in 2 months!  He started with gout and high triglycerides, and both are gone... I highly recommend fish oil no matter what diet you choose to do!  I am hoping this time to be able to lose the weight from all three of my babies! Smile
    That's awesome Rebecca, best of luck to you and hubby! Let us know how you go :-)

Post by Jaime Rose on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:50 am

I have a lot to lose. I want to be back around the weight I was in my avatar photo, so I can replace it with a current one. Smile I've become complacent over the last few years, being so content and happy with the hubs, and then going from working a full-time job, to staying home and homeschooling. The only time I've ever weighed more than I do now, was at the end of my first pregnancy. I finally couldn't take it anymore, and got back on the elliptical (which has made a wonderful coat rack for the last year or so) last Friday. Doing at least 3 miles each day, and the only thing I've changed in my eating is adding a fresh juice each morning (finally got a juicer last week), and being more aware of how much I'm eating. We have already been doing what we can to avoid any GMOs, so that eliminates 99.9% of processed foods anyway. Stepped on the scale this morning, and I'm down 6 pounds. Great motivation for me! I have clothes I want to wear again. I'm getting there, a step at a time. Smile

Post by Rebecca Glover on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:52 am

Bonnie Swadling wrote:
    Rebecca Glover wrote:Me!  We just started doing the Paleo plan.... it's awesome!  Clean food, fresh fruits and veggies, no grains or crop foods, no dairy, no gluten.  We feel awesome!  My husband has done way better than me, he's lost 30 pounds in 2 months!  He started with gout and high triglycerides, and both are gone... I highly recommend fish oil no matter what diet you choose to do!  I am hoping this time to be able to lose the weight from all three of my babies! Smile
    That's awesome Rebecca, best of luck to you and hubby! Let us know how you go :-)
    He's lost another ten poinds and I've lost twenty... we've also been faithfully going four days a week to the gym as a family!

Bonnie Swadling

Post by Bonnie Swadling on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:21 am

Wow, Jaime and Rebecca that's great!!
    Hubby and I have both started taking Lida, a herbal supplement to reduce appetite and speed up the metabolic processes etc, not sure how much he's lost as he can't use our scales yet, but in the first week I lost 600g. He lost about 6cm and I lost just under 10cm. Bly diet change was cutting out as much coke and adding a lot more water.
    More changes to come, so I'll keep updating as we go :-)

Post by Jaime Rose on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:49 am

I've worked my way up to 4.5 miles a day. Weight isn't coming off as quick as I'd like, but it never comes off as easily as it goes on. Wink not depriving myself, just avoiding unnecessary snacking and junk food, and being more aware of my portions. I feel much better and have more energy. Smile

Beginner
    Beginner

Yarnie Points : 12

Post by Amanda Lawson on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Doing good here! I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm down 14lbs as of this morning! Today marks 1 month since I started. I'm feeling pretty good too! Lots of energy, I workout on the elliptical for 30-40 minutes a day in the evenings, and yesterday I started doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, she sure knows how to kick some butt! I'm hoping with the 50-60 minutes a day that I am doing I'll get on track to stay healthy. I've been using Sparkpeople.com to track everything. They say it takes 21 days to make something a habit, well I'm on day 30, and even when I attempt to talk myself into taking a break, I just can't lol! We've cut a lot of processed stuff out of our diets, well I've done most of the cutting out, everyone else is forced to eat it with me, because I make all the meals! I've noticed a change in everyone, we all seem in much better moods and more active. Here's a progress pic so far! I'm still a fatty, but I feel so much better, really I do! Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Rebecca Glover

Post by Rebecca Glover on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:39 am

That is awesome Amanda!!! And everyone else!

Tanya Naser
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Tanya Naser on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Amanda Lawson wrote:Doing good here! I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm down 14lbs as of this morning! Today marks 1 month since I started. I'm feeling pretty good too! Lots of energy, I workout on the elliptical for 30-40 minutes a day in the evenings, and yesterday I started doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, she sure knows how to kick some butt! I'm hoping with the 50-60 minutes a day that I am doing I'll get on track to stay healthy. I've been using Sparkpeople.com to track everything. They say it takes 21 days to make something a habit, well I'm on day 30, and even when I attempt to talk myself into taking a break, I just can't lol! We've cut a lot of processed stuff out of our diets, well I've done most of the cutting out, everyone else is forced to eat it with me, because I make all the meals! I've noticed a change in everyone, we all seem in much better moods and more active. Here's a progress pic so far! I'm still a fatty, but I feel so much better, really I do! Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Amanda, you are in INSPIRATION!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 am